I. One slide videos for language immersion:
One slide video adventures are a way for students and teachers to create linguistic adventures and virtual causalities in the target language.
The creation of interactive video adventures reinforces the practical application of language on situations that are decided by the learner. The creative aspect of the activity leads to self-reliance and autonomy in the target language, and simulates freedom of choice and individual judgement.
During this tutorial the instructor will guide you through the creation of a video adventure that you will then be able to implement in a lab class. The possibilities and outcomes of these adventures are infinite, and can focus specifically on grammar or vocabulary points, as specified by a tutor.
II. Creating a ‘One slide video adventure’
For creating one slide video adventure you will need to have a YouTube
account. If you do not have one, please create one.
So that you may become familiar with YouTube annotations, I suggest that you adapt/ translate each slide of the following example into your teaching language: Star Trek (Seeing an Alien)
2. Right click as ‘Save as’ to Desktop the following files:
4. Since this is your first video adventure I suggest that you base you narrations loosely on the following example, though in the language that you teach:
5. Record audio descriptions onto clips and save the movies to ‘Desktop’. If you name your files Clip 1-Clip 4 it will be easier later.
6. Upload Clips to your YouTube channel.
Appendix: Still slides for activity 1 ( right click as ‘Save Link as’ > Desktop):
3. Follow steps 5-7 of Activity 1
N.B. Please use these tutorials and clips for educational purposes only.